On Thursday, December 9th, music students from Passaic County Technical-Vocational schools performed a recital at William Paterson University representing the culmination of a yearly project between the music departments at WPU and PCTVS.
This is the sixth year in which PCTVS have partnered with the Teaching Strategies for Instrumental Music course at WPU and its professor Dr. Carol Frierson-Campbell. The course is designed for WPU senior music education majors that will be pursuing a teaching career. The collegiate music majors from William Paterson visited PCTVS every Tuesday morning over the past month and each student received four individual lessons.
Each PCTVS student was able to perform a solo musical piece of their choice that was guided and instructed by a WPU student. Below you can see a list of the students, instrument, piece performed, and composer.
- Andres Guerra (Senior) – Jazz Piano - I Loves You Porgy
- Alice Obraztsov (Junior) – Flute - Hindemith Flute Sonata - Mvmt. 1, 3 & March - Paul Hindemith
- Jeanelle Chavez (Sophomore) – French Horn - Morceau de Concert, pages 1 &2 - C. Saint-Saens
- Shayla Montero (Junior) – Trumpet - Elegie - Alexandre J. Duquesne (edited H.Voxman)
- Steven Brown (Sophomore) – Clarinet Fantasy-Piece Robert Schumann (edited by H.Voxman)
- Johan Paulino (Senior) – Guitar Sueno - Jose Vinas
- Joan Jiang (Junior) – Flute - Hindemith Flute Sonata - Mvmt. 1 - Paul Hindemith
- Ash McCracken (Sophomore) – Percussion - The Connecticut Halftime
- Bryan Castillo (Sophomore) – Trombone - Two Spanish Dances - Leroy Ostransky
- Kaleb Collier (Sophomore) – Baritone - Sarabanda and Gavotta - A. Corelli (edited by H.Voxman)
- Fanny Garcia (Sophomore) – Clarinet - Sonata No.4 - Jeans Xavier Lefevre
- Miguel Paniagua (Senior) – Violin - Czardas - V.Monti (edited by Richard Czerwonky)
PCVTS and WPU students from the Teaching Strategies for Instrumental Music partnership. / Kirk Coronacion (PCTVS)