- Head Coach: Caitlin Dowling
- Assistant Coach: Lauren McGorty
- Assistant (JV) Coach: Toniann Klaus
- Assistant (Freshman) Coach: Lynley Tineo
Winter TryoutsIf you are interested in trying out for Winter/Basketball Cheer you need to hand in a physical to a nurse by November 26th. You must be cleared by a nurse specifically for Cheer in order to tryout.
- When: Monday, November 29th and Wednesday, December 1st
- Where: Meet in OLA 1 in STEM (after changing into athletic clothing and sneakers)
- Time: 3:00-5:00pm
There will be 5:00 buses home. Practice start immediately on Thursday, December 2nd from 3-5 in cafe 1.
General Tryout Information
- Students must have a physical into the nurse and check to make sure they are cleared BEFORE the 1st day of tryouts. The earlier you are cleared the better!
- Students should come in athletic clothing and sneakers. No jewelry is to be worn. There will be bus transportation to and from tryouts.
- Students will learn a cheer, dance, and practice their jumps (toe touch, left and right herkies, pike) on Monday and then be scored on Tuesday. Students will be scored from 1 to 5 (1 = poor; 5 = excellent) in the following categories: Cheer, Dance, Motions, Timing, Poise, and Spirit.
- Competition will have a third day of tryouts which will score athletes on their stunting and tumbling levels.
- August practices.
- Work out on your own in the summer.
- Need to go to weight room on some OFF days in fall (I will be checking).
- JV – Monday and Thursday practices; Mon & Thursday & Saturday FB Games.
- Varsity – Tuesday and Wednesday practices; Friday games.
- Emphasis on cheers, dancing, and stunting.
- December – February practices and games.
- All on Tuesday or Thursday.
- Varsity practice in December from 3-5; games at 4 starting in January.
- Tryouts first week of December.
- Emphasis on cheers.
- Tryouts beginning of September.
- Mandatory choreography a weekend in October.
- Don’t need to be on fall or winter.
- Season is September – beginning of March.
- Emphasis on Stunting and Tumbling - Looking for more back-handsprings
- 2021 Big North Liberty Division Champions
- 2017 State Divisional Champions - NJCDCA
- 2015-2016: NJTAC second place overall; NJ States second place overall
- 2010-2011: NJTAC first place cheer; second place cheer dance, second place overall
- 2009-2010: NJTAC first place cheer; second place cheer dance, second place overall
- 2008-2009: NJTAC champs: First place overall
- 2006-2007: NJTAC second place overall
- 2005: 8th place at Cheerleading Nationals