The district’s Affirmative Action Officer is Mr. Jerry Castaneda, Assistant Principal. Mr. Castaneda is responsible for overseeing the district’s compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to, N.J.A.C. 6A:7, Managing for Equality and Equity in Educational Programs and Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 (sex/gender equity in the field of education).
Passaic County Technical-Vocational School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, or socioeconomic status. PCTVS does not enter into any contracts or agreements with any person, agency, or organization that discriminates in employment practices or the provision of benefits and services on the basis of any of the above-listed areas.
Furthermore, PCTVS is committed to providing equal rights and access to all students to participate fully in classroom instruction and extracurricular activities without discrimination based on race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, and social or economic status.
Attached you will find PCTVS’ Affirmative Action Grievance Procedure. In the event that any employee believes that he/she has experienced or witnessed discrimination on the basis of any of the above-listed areas, please contact the Affirmative Action Officer so that you can file a grievance. All affirmative action forms can be obtained by contacting Mr. Castaneda at 973-389-4142.
- 1140 - Affirmative Action Program
- 5750 - Equal Education Opportunitiy
- 5755 - Equity in Educational Programs and Services
- 2466 - Needless Public Labeling of Pupils With Disabilities
- 5756 - Transgender Students
- 3362, 5751, 4352 - Sexual Harassment
- 1510 - Rights of Persons With Handicaps or Disabilities/Policy on Non-Discrimination
- 1530 - Equal Employment Opportunity
- 1550 - Equal Employment/Anti-Discrimination Practices